Pages

Wednesday 4 July 2012

Fire and Ice



One of my favourite short poems is by Robert Frost called Fire and Ice.  It has since been made popular again by featuring in the opening of the third novel in The Twilight Saga, Eclipse.  I find this poem to be one of those that are easy to read, understand and classically romantic. 

Fire and Ice*

Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favour fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice.


I hope to do some more posts on Robert Frost's poems as he is one of my favourite authors.

*The artwork above is from www.bestofbothworldsaz.com

Do you have a favourite author or poem?  I'd love to hear about it.

E x

No comments:

Post a Comment